Dharmavit, tell us about how born "SAFE" and
what those who make up the band? Both you and Marko, are known from before? How
did they decided to create "SAFE”?
SAFE is a well-knit band formed in January 2004. I'm the founder with Marco, both long experienced musicians in the hardcore, punk rock and alternative scenes. I'm into straight edge and hardcore music since 1988 more or less when I was 15 years. After some experience in punk/hardcore scene, Marco expanded his musical research, which led him to take interest in genres similar to alternative rock. I was in two other bands, HALF MY TIME and FUMBLES IN LIFE. SAFE has already issued two albums in the past: the first, “Make A Movie”, is a mini-CD containing four tracks and was released in 2004; the second, “Not Alone”, is a full length album containing ten tracks and was released in 2007. Both albums received excellent reviews on magazines and various webzines, and have been distributed in Italy and in several European countries, in the United States, South America and Asia.
sxe you belong
to, right? How did you decide to be?
I'm into Straight Edge since 1989 more or less, when I was a young kid. I became vegetarian when I was 17 years old. It was a very simple choice, right, an ethical and moral duty. Today being a vegetarian should be a duty of all. Who eats meat has to know what they doing and what exists behind the consumption of meat
Safe is a band
Krishnacore. What is special about this style? And why decided that
"Safe" is Krishnacore?
I'm into Krishna counsciousness since 1992... My contact with Krishna consciousness was thanks to my aunt, but at first I was not attracted to this form of spirituality. Until I went with a friend of mine at the Hare Krishna temple (close to my house) because we were big fans of
the Cro-Mags and Shelter at the time. When I started reading the books of Srila Prabhupada I understood immediately that all my questions were answered, It was all more clear and more logical. The books of Srila Prabhupada are wonderful, in those books I really understood that Krishna is God, the Supreme Personality of Godhaead
I am convinced that many devotees, I mean those who arrived in the movement 25 years ago.. They became vaishnavas also thanks to bands like Shelter, 108 and Cro-Mags!
The new sound of SAFE is a perfect blend of hardcore music, with a more Shelter-inspired rockish sound, together with Ignite style melodies (California style hardcore). “Ride A New Season”, our new release containing six tracks registered at the Mark Gervasio’s Effort Studio and mastered by Carl Saff in Chicago (USA). In Europe the CD was released by two record labels, "Beyond This World" Records and "Youth Crew" Records, my records label, while in South America it was released in March 2014 by Vegan Records with 4 bonus trax taken from "Not Alone" CD. The CD will also be released in the USA by "Bhakti Initiative" Recordings. “Ride A New Season” is the most mature work of SAFE, I mean that it's characterized by atmospheres and sounds ranging from pop-punk to alternative rock, to the typical hardcore rhythms. This peculiarity makes it suitable for a more heterogeneous audience, which is not only specialized in and passionate about pure hardcore
thanx to you and to all our friends in Argentina, thanx for your support and dedication-
I am convinced that many devotees, I mean those who arrived in the movement 25 years ago.. They became vaishnavas also thanks to bands like Shelter, 108 and Cro-Mags!
Now they are about
to launch his new job: "Ride A New Season", tell us about it What
have they edited stamps.? When come to South America? What are your
expectations? His lyrics, his music has a very particular style is a mix of
hardcore with Shelter-inspired rockish sound. Reached How to create this?
Also, you are the
creator of Youth Records crew. -Tell us what you want about her-
Youth Crew Records is born in 1998... It's really positive. We saw that a lot of kids in the scene liked what we were doing and a lot of kids were into the same type of music we are into, which is the late 80's hardcore style. A lot of kids who got into hardcore in the late '90's, they got into hearing metal. They never even sampled hardcore. We just try to produce the style of hardcore that young kids weren't hearing anymore. We're glad that kids are getting into it. It's not only "old school", it's just the hardcore we enjoy to produce
Dharmavit, as you
know, this is my first interview for my Blogzine (Soon to be played on paper).
Thanks for contacting me and for the help you gave me, also trust! It is very
important for me to help you too.
thanx to you and to all our friends in Argentina, thanx for your support and dedication-
Burning zine, February 2014







No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario